FUNCTION: This position is responsible for Communications & Public Affairs at Porter in support of the Director, Communications & Public Affairs. This includes the design, implementation and facilitation of all Porter internal communications strategies and leading the development of critical culture initiatives. It is also dedicated to the development, support and execution of external communications priorities, including executive support, media relations, crisis/issues management, speech writing, special events and other projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes responsibility for supporting the execution of internal communications efforts related to employees, and external communications initiatives. This role functions within both the Marketing & Communications and People & Culture teams. It translates strategic Human Resources initiatives into applicable formats and supports programs for client groups.
- Internal Communications – With the support of the Director, Communications & Public Affairs, develop and implement Porter Internal Communications strategies & plans. Create and/or manage all Porter Internal Communications programs, including newsletters; intranet; events, rewards and recognition, etc. Support departments in the development of Internal Communications strategies and ensuring consistency across the company.
- Critical Culture Initiatives Development – Champion the design & development of critical culture initiatives to advance people and business strategies including ‘The Porter Way’; On-boarding/Orientation; and Porter Portal. Participate in and/or support the development of culture initiatives, including Diversity/Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility and Talent Development.
- Manage Core Culture Programs – Manage existing core culture programs, including ‘Above & Beyond’ Recognition Program; 5-year Service Recognition Program, etc. Corporate Social Responsibility – Develop and implement Porter Corporate Social Responsibility strategy in partnership with Director, Communications and Public Affairs.
- Other Communications Initiatives – Support other external communications initiatives as required.
- Media relations functions, including writing of news releases
- Support development of key messages and Q&A documents for internal and external communications
- Maintain relationships with trade and destination partners
- Executive speechwriting and presentation development for internal and external events
- Ability to support communications efforts and also provide independent advice during crises and issues, when necessary
- Contribute to digital communications efforts, including social media
- Support communications initiatives for all Porter departments and operational bases
- Event management
- Project management and oversight of other department staff for specific projects
- Act as a professional representative of the Porter brand
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS), including reporting hazards/incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply with and promote the Company Safety Policy
- Other duties as requested by the Director, Communications & Public Affairs
- Post-Secondary Degree – Communications and/or PR
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Communications/PR
- Ability to bring forward strategic insights and translate them into practical programs
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills – ability to influence and inspire trust at all levels of the organization
- Proficient writing and editing skills; ability to adapt style to a variety of audiences, including writing for the web
- Ability to work directly with senior executives on confidential and urgent projects
- Proven event management and organizational skills, liaising with suppliers, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Requirement to track and measure project results
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- Must pass security screening and qualify for secure airport access
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. The Hiring Manager may then reach out to you with an invitation to the next step in the application process, which may include written questions, voice interviews, video interviews, in-person interviews, or a combination thereof.